Why is there a "Content Warning" on my blog?They don't understand the collaborative opinion being expressed, when this warning is displayed.
Long ago, the "Flag Blog" link, in the navbar, was a misunderstood feature. The "Flag Blog" button was later replaced by the "Report Abuse" link, with multiple classifications of offenses.
The text of the warning is somewhat self explanatory.
Some readers of this blog have contacted Google because they believe this blog's content is objectionable.The conclusion here is simple.
- The opinion is collaborative - multiple readers have expressed this opinion.
- The blog content is offensive - the readers object to this content.
If you are seeing this warning displayed in front of your blog, there are several possible causes.
- You are accepting contributions from other people, and not carefully checking what you accept.
- You are pushing the limits - a bit too far.
- You are marketing your blog, inappropriately.
You have several choices.
- Objectively examine the content in your blog, and remove anything objectionable.
- Market your blog more carefully, to a more appreciative audience.
- Set the voluntary "Adult Content?" option to "Yes".
- Accept the involuntary warning.
You publish your blog to educate or entertain your readers, right? Why spend time providing content that your readers don't appreciate?