How do I publish my posts to pages?This is a pretty simple procedure, too - once we understand the complementary nature of dynamic and static pages.
Once you understand the differences between dynamic and static pages, and see that the Pages gadget will index both types of pages, the process of publishing posts to pages becomes reasonably simple.
- Publish posts, and assign labels to the posts.
- Add label search URLs, as ""link pages", using "Configure Page List".
- Make a static home page.
- Use a redirected Home page, to make the Home page dynamic or static, at your preference.
Finally, to make the display look a bit cleaner, you may not want to see the "Showing posts with label ..." box.
One of the key steps in this process is getting the label search URL, for the Page being added. Look to the end of this post, just above the comments.
Topics: Blogger Magic, Dynamic Templates, Dynamic Views, Edit Posts, Main Page View, Menu Bar, Nitecruzr.Net, Pages, Snake, Static Pages, Web SiteIf I wanted to add a tab for "Blogger Magic", I could extract the search URL, from the link.
See "Magic", in the menu bar at the top?
Now, do this for any post in your blog, that you want to appear in a non "Home" Pages tab.
- Pick a post, in your blog.
- Extract the label search URL, from a label for that post.
- Use that label search URL, as the "Web address", in "Pages".
- Publish more posts, using that same label.
Do this carefully, and you can even have the Pages entries appearing on the menu bar, with the blog viewable using a dynamic template. You can even have this, if you normally display the blog using a non dynamic template.
(Update 2012/06/30): See The Video, for a live demonstration.