This is a simple change - but it must be made in 4 different places. I highly recommend that you backup the template, before and after making this change. Allow 30 minutes, to concentrate properly on the task.
Installation of this one post template patch may eliminate the need for many people to refresh the post template. It's also possible that this change, done in reverse, may let you disable two level comments, should you wish. In either case, please do this carefully, when you are relaxed, and able to concentrate.
- First, backup the template.
- Edit the template using the "Edit HTML" wizard, and select "Expand Widget Templates".
- Carefully search for each instance of
<b:include data='post' name='comments'/>
- Note that the target snippet (above) is entirely contained in the replace snippet (below). When you identify each snippet found, carefully examine it to make sure that the required code is not already present! Do not replace the target snippet with itself, redundantly!
- Replace each instance found, if not already present, with
<b:if cond='data:post.showThreadedComments'> <b:include data='post' name='threaded_comments'/> <b:else/> <b:include data='post' name='comments'/> </b:if>
- Save Template.
- Clear browser cache, and restart the browser. Test your changes.
- Again, backup the template.
Again, I'll advise you to backup the template, before and after doing this.