We have a rollup discussion, where we are requesting details from each person observing this problem in their blog.
- What is the URL of the blog?
- What exact symptom are you observing, that's a problem?
- Does the blog use a Blogger or third party template?
- Does the blog use a Designer or Layout template?
- Has the blog been configured for a Dynamic template?
- How did you setup the image, that is in use on your blog? Did you use the Layout "Configure Header" wizard, did you upload the image using the post editor "Insert image" wizard, or other?
- If you used the "Configure Header" wizard, which Image / Placement options did you select?
- From your computer.
- From the web.
- Behind title and description
- Instead of title and description
- Have description placed after the image
- Shrink to fit
- Can you find the image on your computer? If so, what is the name of the file, as uploaded? Is it a .bmp, .jpg, .png, what?
- When you setup / uploaded the image, what browser (name and version) was used?
- What browser (name, and version) are you using, right now, where the problem is visible?
If you can provide details, please do so as best as you are able, either here or in the rollup discussion.
In cases where the URL of the image in use can be edited, you may be able to work around your problem, by editing the precise URL. It appears that images hosted by Picasa, which are currently stored in a variety of sizes (which you may see when you use "Insert image", for instance), are now selected in a different way, when you do not explicitly select the right size for your purpose.
Look at the image at the top of the screen. If you were to look at it's URL, you would see:
If that image had been uploaded using the current "Insert image" wizard (in post editor), or the "Configure Header" wizard (in "Page Elements"), it might have the URL
If the latter URL was correct, there would be 4 aliases available:
- Small: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pzC_7PLtN-0/R_buGAu4D3I/AAAAAAAABCI/wxcsyLm3DoE/S160/RBS%2BHeader%2B4a.gif
- Medium: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pzC_7PLtN-0/R_buGAu4D3I/AAAAAAAABCI/wxcsyLm3DoE/S320/RBS%2BHeader%2B4a.gif
- Large: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pzC_7PLtN-0/R_buGAu4D3I/AAAAAAAABCI/wxcsyLm3DoE/S640/RBS%2BHeader%2B4a.gif
- Full Size: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pzC_7PLtN-0/R_buGAu4D3I/AAAAAAAABCI/wxcsyLm3DoE/S1600/RBS%2BHeader%2B4a.gif
If I had this problem with my header image, I would edit the URL, in the template, and I would replace:
If your blog has this problem, you may be able to similarly edit your blog - using "Configure Header" or "Edit HTML" - and work around your problem. If you use "Edit HTML", I suggest, as usual, that you backup the template - before and after making this tweak.