Blogger accounts and Blog*Spot addresses do not expire.Independently of what choices Blogger allows us, we do change.
This, too, shall pass.We will want to occasionally remove ourselves as Followers, from some blogs.
- Maybe we have reached the limit for blogs simultaneously Followed.
- Maybe we have lost interest in a blog that we are Following.
- Maybe a blog that we are Following becomes dormant, or even deleted.
Should we feel the need to stop Following any blog, there are two wizards, equally useful.
- The dashboard "Manage Blogs I'm Following" wizard.
- The Following "Sites I've joined" wizard.
At the bottom of your Blogger dashboard, you'll find a blue "Manage" button (Classic GUI) or the familiar "Gear" icon (New GUI). This lets you manage Following, for all blogs that you are Following using this Blogger / Google account.
- Click on the button / icon, which takes you to your "Manage Blogs I'm Following" menu.
- Click on the "Settings" link for any blog that interests you, which takes you to the Site Settings wizard for that site.
From any blog that you Follow, or that you manage, you have (after you sign in to Following, using the right Following account host) an "Options" link.
- Click on the "Options" link.
- Click on "Site settings".
- This takes you to the Site Settings wizard for that site.
When you use the "Site Settings" wizard, take care that you are logged in using the appropriate Following profile. You'll have two separate choices, for every blog that you choose to Follow.
- You can choose to Follow anonymously or publicly. This controls whether you want a link from the blog in question, to your Blogger profile - if you are Following using your Blogger profile.
- You can choose to "Include this site on your profile". This controls whether you want a link from your Blogger profile, to the blog in question - if your profile is selected to "Show sites I follow", and if you are Following using your Blogger profile.
Here, I'll note that the "Sites you've joined" wizard displays blogs Followed by the Blogger account, under which you're currently logged in. If you're seeing a list of "Sites you've joined" that doesn't agree with your recollection, you need to consider both the reality of logging in to Following, and the confusion from multiple Blogger accounts. It's also possible that you may have blogs listed in your Reading List that are not immediately obvious, in the Manage menu. Either condition can cause you to see a Followed or Following community that you do not expect.