How do I Follow blogs, that don't have a Followers gadget?There has always been a third way to Follow a blog, provided by Blogger - though not everybody may be aware of it.
Blogger has earlier provided three ways for us to Follow any given blog.
- The Followers / Google Friend Connect gadget, in the blog body.
- The "Follow" link in the Navbar.
- The "Manage" wizard, in the Reading List.
If you're looking at a blog that lacks a Followers gadget, and now with no "Follow" navbar link, just login to Blogger and go to your dashboard, and the Reading List display at the bottom of the Blog List.
- For The Classic GUI, the "Add" button beneath the Reading List.
- For The New GUI, the Gear icon gives use the Manage wizard, with a similar "Add" button.
When you Add a blog, you'll have two options to Follow - Publicly and Anonymously. In either case, this only works for Public blogs - Private blogs don't publish a feed, and can't be Followed.
If you ever need to discontinue Following / remove the Reading List subscription - and the "gear" / "Manage" wizard is not operational, use Friend Connect: Sites I've joined.