- "Create Post".
- "Edit HTML".
- "Edit Post".
- "Page Elements".
- "Pick New Template".
When you have a corrupted template, the recovery process is simple (though not always painless). Hoping that you backup the template regularly, simply restore from the last backup. If you hadn't yet learned to backup the template, you have to Pick A New Template (and hopefully now learn to back it up next time).
But sometimes, the changes that you made to the template cause worse problems. Sometimes, you can't get to "Edit HTML" or "Pick New Template" to restore or rebuild the template - or maybe, you can't load the dashboard. Now, you have to work a bit harder.
- Login to Blogger, and load the dashboard. If you cannot get the dashboard to load, load your blog, and find the "New Post" link in the navbar.
- Copy the link behind the "New Post" button, on the dashboard - or the "New Post" link, on the navbar. Either URL will be the same, when you are logged in to Blogger, using the right account.
- Paste that into the browser address window. Do not hit "Enter".
- Change "editor", in the browser address window, to the appropriate wizard name.
- Comments, Awaiting Moderation: pendingcomments
- Comments, Published: publishedcomments
- Comments, Spam: spamcomments
- Edit Pages: pages
- Edit Posts: allposts
- Layout: pageelements
- New Post: editor
- Settings: basicsettings
- Template: template
- Template HTML Editor: templatehtml
- Now hit "Enter".
Note that the BlogID (for your blog) is the key, here.
Under the right circumstances, you can use a similar technique to recover (not recreate) a deleted post.
If the blog is locked by the Blogger spam classification process, all that you'll have will be a dashboard link. Extract the URL behind this link.
- Restore Blog: www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=nnnnnnnn
And here's a couple useful links, that should not require "nnnnnnnn".
Why is he telling people to access the blog wizards, without logging in? I don't want people trying to hack my blog, from his instructions!And that's a good thing. If you're feeling this uncertainty, reassure yourself. Just clear cache, cookies, and sessions, restart the browser, and try to use one of the links generated, per the above instructions.