The Page Elements wizard lets you add and re locate objects on the blog page, and maintains the blog template.
From the Page Elements wizard, you can edit the Blog Posts gadget, and configure or re locate the various blog post components, in the post template. In the Classic Blogger GUI, "Page Elements" is the first tab that you see when you click "Design" in the dashboard or navbar. In the New Blogger GUI, it's the Settings - Layout wizard.
Find the "Blog Posts" gadget, which is the only gadget that will probably never be found in the footer, header, or sidebar, on the "Page Elements" page. Just like any other gadget in "Page Elements", Blog Posts has an "Edit" link. So click on the link, which gives you "Configure Blog Posts".
There are useful options here.
- Disable / Enable Post header elements like the date.
- Disable / Enable post footer elements (and change captions) like Poster Name, Date and Time, Comments, Backlinks, and Labels (I call my labels "Topics").
- Disable / Enable Quick Editing and Email Post Links.
- Rearrange various post footer elements into the order that pleases you.
You can change captions / formats, include or exclude altogether, and / or reposition the various elements in the post template.
- Date / time stamp.
- Author attribution.
- Author date / time stamp.
- Quick Editing pencil icon.
- Reactions buttons.
- Email Post Link envelope icon.
- Share Buttons.
- Ads Between Posts.