- We are allowed to publish a Blogger blog in complete anonymity. Blogger acknowledges and supports that need.
- Anonymity comes at a price. Should you succeed in intentionally becoming completely anonymous, then forget the account name or password, there will be no way for Blogger to help you to recover access to your Blogger account.
Considering the need to prevent account and blog hijacking, yet allow people to be able to recover account access after changing email address, Blogger and Google have added an additional option for account authentication. This option may not please people who value anonymity, though.
Blogger / Google has added an additional account verification option, Two Step Verification. This will improve the chance of your being able to recover account access, if you forget the account name or password.
Two Step Verification - which uses your cell phone or home phone as a verification token - will not work, for everybody.
- It requires advance action. By the time you realise that you have forgotten the account name / password, and you cannot use the backup email address to reset the password, it's too late to register your cell or home phone.
- If you value anonymity, you may not want your activity tracked.
- If you value anonymity, you may not want Google to have your cell or home phone number, stored in their databases.