We’re nearly back to normal — you can publish again, and in the coming hours posts and comments that were temporarily removed should be restored.As indicated, some comments and posts are still being restored.
Just for completeness, I'll point out that I manually rewrote my immediately previous post When You Setup Commenting On Your Blog, Enter Email Addresses Properly, in Notepad, while Blogger was in read only mode - and re published it, immediately, after I noted the ability to do that. We will see what happens, when Blogger tries to restore that post, during the next few hours.
- Comments and posts are still being restored. How blogs, newly created preceding the outage, are to be handled, is apparently being decided. Recovery of Layout / Template tweaks have been requested, but not promised.
- All missing comments and posts will be restored, eventually (see below).
- The restore process will take into account comments and posts that have been republished by the authors (as I did).
- The restore process will include proper date / time stamps so we can check for duplicates.
- If we are patient enough, all will be recovered.
Please, be patient (and politely persistent). If you personally continue to see a bX code when trying to login or to access your dashboard, may I suggest the time honoured remedy of clearing cache, cookies, and sessions, and restarting the browser. Then, report the code, and details, in Blogger Help Forum: Something Is Broken.
And as always, consider that your observed problem may be only coincidentally related to the problems of May 11, 2011. Diagnose your problems, when possible, before complaining.
(Update 2011/05/15 23:00 PDT): Blogger has provided a way to report problems relating to this episode.
If you still have other issues, please contact us via the temporary form we’ve set up for this particular issue.