Sometimes reality steps in - and the normal transfer procedure won't work.
- Maybe you don't want your EMail (GMail) address known by the current blog owner.
- Maybe the two EMail addresses are thoroughly tangled - you invite the second EMail address as a blog member but just don't get the email - even in "Bulk" or "Spam"! What to do?
- Maybe you opened the invitation email under one account, but were logged in to Blogger using the other account. This can happen if you execute the transfer, using just one browser.
Sometimes, having ignored one or two basic (to me) rules of Blogger account existence, you just can't send a membership invitation to a second Blogger account.
Here's where we think outside the box.
- Setup an extra email account, based upon any non GMail email address. I'll suggest Yahoo.com as an example here - but you can use whatever email service works for you.
- Go to Settings - Permissions, and add your new Yahoo email address as an invited member.
- For the Yahoo email part of the process, use a separate browser. If this browser has been used before, clear cache, cookies, and authenticated sessions, restart the browser, and login again to Yahoo. Start with a clean browser here.
- Go to your Yahoo email account, and open your email. Remember to look in your "Bulk" or "Spam" folder, if you don't see anything in "Inbox".
- Accept membership in the blog.
- When you're asked for an account / password, select "Use a different account"!
- Enter the second Blogger account name (address), and the correct password for that account.
- Go back to the Permissions display, and refresh.
- Verify that you have a new member in the Author list.
- Return to the normal procedure, and complete the transfer.
A little extra work, that. But if you need to transfer control of the blog, to make it possible to manage the blog from the other Blogger account, it's probably worth it.