How do I stop nasty comments about my posts?or
How do I block a person who posts nasty comments?
My answers always start with
You can identify your commentors, using a properly chosen visitor counter / log utility.
Immediately (before you have a problem):
- Install StatCounter, or a similar product, on the blog.
- Enable Email Notification, for the blog
- Part of the StatCounter display includes "Referer URL".
- Get the time stamp for the comment, from the email message.
- Look through the StatCounter log, for a visitor with the Referer URL equal to the comment in question, and with the right time stamp.
- Get the IP address, for the visitor identified.
Simple enough? No. There are definite limitations to the effectiveness of this process. And, Blogger can provide limited assistance, only. But, you are allowed to try.