ConnectException: Connection timed out.
Possibly, this is a recurrence of last month's problem, or maybe an earlier problem.
If you are suffering from this problem, please provide diagnostic information:
- The blog BlogSpot URL (if applicable).
- When was the blog setup in Blogger? (If the blog was published immediately by FTP, say so).
- The blog domain URL.
- When was the blog setup for FTP publishing?
- The name of the server hosting company.
- The Blogger FTP server setting (name or IP address of the server), in use right now.
- What operating system, browser, and version of Java do you use?
- Where are you located, and what ISP do you connect through?
And spend some time reading about possible problems with FTP Publishing. All problems aren't caused by Blogger - sometimes, the host server will cause this symptom, too.
(Update 2010/01/27): We have a new occurrence of this problem, this week.
(Update 2009/1/1): This symptom appears to be repeating itself, yet a second time.
(Update 12/28): This symptom appears to be repeating itself, though with slightly different details being reported.
(Update 12/26): After attention by "John P" (possibly a Blogger employee?), this problem appears to be fixed
The problem has now been fixed. Sorry for the trouble.
(Update 12/25): I have seen some comments from bloggers who state that changing the name of the host server, from "ftp.mysite.com" to "mysite.com" resolved their problem. If your server name is not of that form, I'm not sure that will do you any good, though.