- Setup from scratch, using "Advanced Settings".
- Find a registrar, and register the domain of your choice. Be sure to choose the right registrar!
- Figure out the registrar's DNS setup wizard, and the right settings, and setup your DNS.
- Use the Blogger "Advanced Settings" wizard, and republish the blog to your new domain.
- Setup the simple way, using "Buy A Domain For Your Blog".
- Choose the domain.
- Pay for the domain registration.
- Make any additional settings to your new domain, at your convenience, using the standard eNom / GoDaddy DNS Management wizards.
- Get to work making a user friendly domain for your readers. That's why you're doing this, right?
I suspect that the latter will be the choice for most bloggers, who are just getting the idea to publish outside Blog*Spot, and who don't already have a registered domain. I know that's how I would proceed, if and when I setup another custom domain, with a TLD of "com", "net", "info", "org", or "biz". Setup of my second custom domain was way simpler than my first one was.