I have friends posting in my blog, so it looks like a team blog. But it's my blog, and I want to show only my profile.or
I want to list a friends profile, even though she's not technically a blog member.or maybe
I want to add my birthdate (my city, the colour of my hair, whatever...) to my profile. How do I make it look good?and questions about tweaking the blog template, to accomplish this need, abound.
The Profile gadget, like most "out of the box" blog features, is pretty basic.
- If the blog has one Member (presumably, you), an excerpt from your personal profile is displayed.
- If the blog has more than one Member, a Contributors list is displayed, with each entry a simple link to the personal profile of the member.
Eventually, the beginning blogger becomes the intermediate blogger, and the questions (as above) start.
Use your imagination here.
- If you just want your picture, and a short caption, add a Picture gadget.
- You can even make your own Profile page, and have it look like a separate blog page.
- Maybe make your own Profile page, using the new Static Pages editor.
- Maybe even make a super profile gadget, using post editor.
And with the profile being coded as a gadget, not as a template tweak, it will be transportable if you change templates. Easy to create, easy to maintain, easy to retain.
This is yet one less need to use the template editor, if you have a blog with a designer / layout template. There are a few other techniques that you may consider, if you want to make yourself anonymous in the Blogosphere - but there are few that are easier to do.