Labels are one of the more useful features in Layouts Blogger, and full use of Labels can be a motivating factor, in migrating your blog from Classic to Layouts.
Here's my latest Label - WildFires. This shows you the latest major Blogger problems. We currently have 0 wildfires active.
Here's how you use Labels.
- Write a post, and assign it one or more labels. The per post limit to Labels is 200 combined characters (text, punctuation, and spaces), but you can get a lot of labels in those 200 characters.
- Use a Labels Index. Add a page element, in the sidebar, as a Label list.
- Use inline URL references. Add links in the text of your blogs, using a label search. See my WildFire link, and my wildfires active link, examples, for instance.
- Show the labels for each post, in the post footer.
- Enable the Labels list, in the blog posts widget.
- Your readers can look at the end of the post, for all labels applied to each post.
- Look at the Topics list at the bottom of this post.
- Your readers can do label searches from a sidebar labels list, from label search links embedded in the posts, or from a labels lists after a post, at their convenience. And all labels searches are presented as a series of posts, in main page view. Very user friendly.
- If you enable a blog posts feed, you can have a feed for each label. Instead of having just a feed with all of the blog posts, you can issue focused feeds, using labels.
- You can designate some important Labels as Categories, and index your Categories.
- You can maintain your labels (add, change, delete), for the entire blog, by using the Post Editor menu.
The possibilities are endless, really. Use your imagination.