Instead of a static library, though, they chose to provide an array of combinable choices.
- Multiple, exciting styles.
- A huge library of theme organised backgrounds, each with an associated colour palette.
- A selection of layouts, with symmetrical combinations of
- 2, 3, and 4 columns
- with and without split sidebars
- in both left and right variations
- Adjustable column widths.
- An updated Fonts and Colors GUI interface, with selections for new template objects like Pages Index gadgets.
From the dashboard or navbar, select "Design". From "Page Elements", then select "Template Designer" - and check out the possibilities.
What we have, now, is an almost infinite variety of possibilities, which should keep many bloggers happily occupied for days. If the Template Designer for your blog lacks options, you can even add some wizards to the Designer menu.
As with every new feature Blogger presents to us, always remain aware of security restrictions on your computer and network, and consider how the Designer content is hosted. If you can't get the Designer to work on your browser, try another browser or another computer.
Those deficiencies aside, I now have a new look for my Buzz blog, and another for my Recipes blog.