(Update 2011/05/28): Right now, we're all seeing the latest intermittent Followers gadget outage.
Blogger Support is aware of this problem, so be patient.
If you are one of the folks observing this problem, please provide some diagnostic details to the Blogger Missing Followers Reports form.
You may, alternatively, provide diagnostic details here.
- What is the URL of the blog with the observed problem?
- Is the blog missing the Followers gadget altogether, or does the gadget show there, with no Followers? If the latter, is the Followers count zero, or non zero?
- Is the blog in question your blog?
- If this is your blog, can you look on your dashboard, follow the Followers link for the blog, and see if the dashboard Followers gadget has missing Followers too?
- Can you check your Reading List - do you have Followed blogs there, and if so, are the feeds up to date?
- Try setting up, and using, a different Blogger account from this computer. Try using a different computer, with this account. Does the problem continue?
- What browser (name and version please), and what operating system, do you use?
- Please look at my blog - do you see my Followers?
- Where are you located, and what ISP provides your service?
- Any other problems with the template, such as the comment form not working?
- Have you also installed "Recent Comments" or "Recent Posts" gadgets? If so, when?
(Update 7/26): From examining the comments below, and the details provided in the forum posts, several trends are seen.
- The problem seems to be evenly spread across locations, ISPs, and Internet service type.
- The problem seems to be more common with Internet Explorer. For IE V8, use of "Compatibility mode" (Firefox) appears to be a useful workaround.
- The problem seems to be concentrated around clients, not blogs. People reporting the problem report observing it in multiple blogs, and other people do not see the problem in the blogs reported.
While answering the above questions, you might also want to consider what security programs and settings you have on your computer, and how you are logged in to Following / Friend Connect, when you observe these problems.