After several days, and some intense work by Blogger engineers, the problem seems to have diminished significantly - yet it continues to be reported sporadically in the forums. As of yesterday 5/27, Nitecruzr Dot Net is still affected. Right now, it appears to be seen, primarily, by bloggers using Internet Explorer V8. Removal of the Following and Friend Connect gadgets, where present in a blog owned by a viewer of the problem, helps eliminate the symptom many, but not all, of the times seen.
Some bloggers have stated that changing from the inline comment form, to a popup or separate form, has helped eliminate their version of the problem. Presumably, the problem, if this is going to be effective, will be seen only in single post mode, not in archive or main page view.
Noting several comments that this blog is still issuing "Operation Aborted" to some readers, I have also changed my comments form placement, from "Embedded below post" to "Full page". That change has made this blog visible to at least one additional reader.
Blogger Support acknowledges the problem, and notes
This only affects viewers using IE to view the blog; for right now, blog owners can either move the Followers gadget lower in their sidebar, or remove it altogether. Either action will eliminate the pop-up dialog box in IE.
If you have recently seen, or are seeing, this symptom - either in a blog which you control, or a blog which someone else controls - help us to help you, and provide your observations.
- What browser version (the complete version number of format "n.n.nnnn.nn" may be significant here) are you using?
- What operating system (again, name and version, please) are you using?
- In what blogs(s) have you observed the problem?
- Is that your blog(s), and if so, did you see an improvement by removing the Follower / Friend Connect gadgets? By removing any other gadgets? By changing the comment form option?
- Have you made any effort to diagnose your problem?
Your report here, of what you are seeing or have seen, may be invaluable.
(Update 2009/06/08): This problem continues to be reported, and not all bloggers report success from removing the Follower / Friend Connect gadgets, or from changing the comment form option.