Occasionally, we see the complaint in Blogger Help Forum: Something Is Broken
I had been working on my post, for days. Just as I accidentally erased everything, AutoSave kicked in, and saved my empty post. Now, I have to spend days rewriting!Given the right reflexes, and presence of mind, recovery is simple. Most browsers provide an "Undo" command, which will back out the erasure of the contents - as long as you react properly. Just hit "Undo" - and you're back in business.
If using "Undo" is a problem for you, avoid AutoSave. As soon as you have a basic post written, publish the basic post. Then, edit what you just published.
Unless you have a lot of readers who read each new post, immediately - and who would be bothered by reading an incomplete post, this strategy will help you avoid problems generated by AutoSave.
Spend some time observing reader activity, using the visitor log / meter of your choice. Then consider
- How long it takes you, to publish a finished post.
- How many readers would typically read the post, during the time you spend publishing a finished post.
- How many readers would typically read the post, after you publish a finished post.
- How many more readers are you likely to get, if you can publish your posts without worrying about AutoSave ruining your efforts.
- How much easier it would be for you to publish, without dealing with the annoyances of AutoSave.
This is another technique in progressive publishing. Publish sooner, and edit later.