How do I move an established blog to WordPress (or any other platform), while retaining the history, reader interest, search engine reputation?Some blog owners think blog readers are cattle (to be herded from blog to blog) - or monkeys (to be attracted by shiny things).
We've known for some time, that Blogger blogs cannot be used as gateways, with traffic automatically redirected from one blog to another - or from a blog to a non Google website. Use of traffic redirection scripts is a known cause of blogs classified as malware hosts.
If you wish to relocate a Blogger blog in another hosting service, you can always publish your Blogger blog, and a non Google blog / website, as dual hosts, in a non BlogSpot domain.
With your Blogger blog and non Blogger website published to the same domain, you can then combine the two, dynamically. Just remember to add unique content to each, periodically, to retain search engine reputation.
- Publish your Blogger blog to a host in your custom domain.
- Publish your WordPress (or any other platform) blog to a host in your custom domain.
- Combine the two blogs.
- Let your readers access either blog, as their choice.
- Update both blogs, to retain search engine reputation, regularly.
- When the WordPress (or any other platform) blog receives enough reputation and traffic, make the Blogger blog into a stub blog.
Just don't build a maze of blogs and web sites - and don't waste time or money artificially developing traffic. Blogger blog readers are attracted by interesting, unique, and useful content - and are retained by new content, added periodically.
And don't try adding clever code, to shuffle your readers from one blog to another. That could make your blog look like one member in a well planned spam blog farm - and leave you reporting
Help! Blogger just deleted my blog!!.