Some bloggers, when troubleshooting a custom domain problem, get confused, or frustrated, and try tweaking additional settings. Such attempts won't help, and will only make their job, and the registrars job, harder.
- In specific cases, you may make changes to "MX" records. But "MX" record changes won't solve any problems with your custom domain.
- You may end up setting up a "TXT" record - if you must prove domain ownership.
- If you are setting up your own DNS server, you may change or create "NS" records using your registrar's CPANEL utility.
- If you're using registrar supplied DNS hosting, the "NS" records are the responsibility of the registrar.
- You have no need to create or change "PTR", "SOA", or similar records.
Please, know your responsibilities, and the limitations of your responsibilities.