Where are my Followers?or conversely,
Where are the blogs that I'm Following? / Why is my Reading List empty?
We had this problem earlier this month, and that problem was later fixed. Now, it's back again.
Looking at the posts in Blogger Help Forum - and the comments made to my earlier post Missing Followers - September 2009, and taking each blog URL provided, I have looked at each blog. To a blog, I see the Followers gadget, and contents, with no problem. And Blogger Support, having done the same, sees the Followers too.
In other words, there is good news, and there is bad news here.
- If you are not seeing Followers on your blog, nor on my blog, do not be despondent. Chances are, many of your readers - and Followers - see your Followers just fine. That's the good news.
- If you are seeing the Followers on your blog, and think that you aren't involved, don't be complacent. Chances are, somebody reading your blog, and contemplating Following it, sees no Followers, and / or no link to Follow your blog. That's the bad news.
This problem is plainly common to the blog readers, not just to the blog owners.
If you have access to a second computer, or even a second browser, you may regain access to your Followers that way. If you have no second browser or computer, try clearing cache and cookies. Remember the side effects from doing that, however.
If either of the latter suggestions help, that's good news and bad news, again. You'll have access to your Followers - but some of your readers, who are probably in the same situation as you, won't see your Followers, and won't know to try either solution.
Blogger Support needs to solve the problem, if we're going to get on with our lives.
Help us, and help yourself, if you're seeing this problem, or if you know anybody or are getting a report from somebody with the problem.
- Do you not see Followers on just one blog, not on many blogs, or not on all blogs that you examine? Can you not see Followers on my blog, for instance?
- When you do not see the Followers on your blog, or on my blog, are you logged in to Following from your blog, and / or from my blog? Does your Followers gadget (the place where a Followers gadget should be) contain a "Sign in to Following" ("Sign out", alternately), or is it completely blank?
- What is unique about you, that might explain you having this problem? Where are you located? What Internet service do you have ("cable", dial up, DSL, "satellite")? What operating system, what browser? What security software? Any of these details could be relevant here.
(Update 4/24): This problem is stated to be resolved. A more authoritative citation will be provided, when available.