Today’s release features a brand new graduate from the Blogger in Draft testing ground: Import and Export for Blogger blogs.
There it is - in Blog Tools - at the top of the Settings - Basic screen.
You have 2 links, right there in Settings - Basic - "Blog Tools".
- Import Blog lets you import comments and posts, previously exported from any blog, and currently in a file on your computer, into this blog.
- Export Blog lets you export the all published comments and posts, from this blog, into a file on your computer.
It's not a complicated process.
- Export the entire contents - comments and posts - from the first blog.
- Import the entire contents - comments and posts - into the second blog. Do not publish automatically.
- From the "Edit Posts" menu, select imported posts which you wish published, and Publish Selected.
Right now, the Export / Import process works within Blogger, LiveJournal, MovableType, and WordPress. This won't do anything with the template - you still have to backup the template, separately.
It will give you a quick ability to move all Published comments and posts from one Blogger blog to another, assuming that you can administer both blogs. This may be useful for some bloggers who wish to transfer blog content to another blogging service. Don't go exporting from this blog, and importing back to this same blog, without understanding the limitations.
For more details about this exciting ability, see Roberto's Report: Importing and Exporting - An Overview.