So far, just random thoughts about functionality, many noted by other folks.
- Template Customisation. Not granular enough. Inability to edit the title, and use graphics there, will be one problem. This has already been mentioned in online discussion.
- Publish - and update - on the fly. Switch back and forth, between blog edit and blog view, instantaneously. Switch between blogs, instantaneously.
- More intuitive than WordPress.
- Really works.
- If you do this much, you will get used to it.
- If many people move to Blogger Beta, resources - both hardware and support - being switched to Blogger Beta may make Blogger Alpha unusable.
- This feature, IMHO, will drive the migration. As soon as Bloggers get used to it, boom
(Note 8/16 17:00): I am now seriously hooked. I am already having trouble dealing with this (Alpha) interface.
(Note 8/20): So some folks wonder how to start. And I suspect there's a connection between how you proceed, and some problems that folks are having. So proceed carefully, but experiment and have fun first.
(Note 8/21): OK, I will start the fun. Here are my ongoing lists - of Beta design deficiencies, and of Beta problems. And see if you like my solution for making the title field in your Beta blog clickable.