Publishing a Blogger blog, and dealing with hijackers, pirates, and spammers, is similar to surfing. I am frequently advising people, who complain about the constant waves of spurious spam classifications, blog clones (aka "content thieves"), and referer spam, to keep looking ahead - and keep publishing their blogs.
Like ocean surfing, you want to keep looking ahead and remain standing - don't fall down, and let the wave behind wash over you. The latter leads to drowning.
Blogger blogging provides a great environment for hijackers, pirates, and other spammers to operate.
- The Blogger address space provides great cover for the spam.
- We publish our blogs, with constantly updated content.
- We advertise our blogs, and provide our updated content in our blog feeds.
- We read our Stats logs, see the referer spam, and give the spammers free inclicks.
What more could any spammer ask for?
- Free address space.
- Content provided by other people.
- Advertising provided by other people.
- Activity provided by other people.
And that is the wall of spam, that we, as publishers of Blogger blogs, have to stay ahead of.
How do we stay ahead of the wall, constantly approaching? Keep publishing your blog, keep watching your reader audience, and ignore the spam.
Let Blogger / Google deal with the spammer population.
Look ahead, stay upright, and don't fall down.
And that's surfing, in the ocean of Blogger blogs.