Making a mirror copy of the blog, on a local computer that you control, is a good idea for many reasons.
You also might like to make a printed copy of the blog. If you would simply like to print off your blog to paper, to save the text of the posts, here is code that will let you extract a selection of updates.
This code lets you retrieve blog posts content, in sequence.
- Copy the code into a text word processor such as Notepad.
- yourblog.blogspot.com - The blog URL.
- 1999-01-01T00:00:00Z - The start date and time.
- 2008-01-01T23:59:59:00Z - The end date and time.
- Remove gratuitous line breaks, from the code, so it all forms one single long line.
- Copy and paste the entire line, as a URL, into the address window in your browser.
- When the proper display is seen in the browser, use the browser print wizard to print as you wish.
After you've done this a few times, and suffered the truncated horizontal content, and orphaned vertical content, you'll understand why Adobe Acrobat and similar formatting programs are so expensive - and yet so popular. Your browser will do only so good a job reformatting the content of the blog, horizontally and vertically, when printed.
But use Print Preview, and try the many alternative print formatting services.
I'll note here that Blog2Print is the currently popular solution - and Blog2Print, along with various other third party services, may be affected by the ClientLogin upgrade, from 2015. If your blog is private, you may need to make it public, temporarily - so Blog2Print can read its posts..