It appears that there are several issues for us to consider.
- Abandoned (deleted) blogs, by willful action of the owner, or by Blogger anti-splog efforts.
- Switched to external publishing or a different URL, without planning completely.
- Security (or lack of security) on our computers.
- Unintentional hijackings, caused by collisions in blog name choice.
Here are a few of the problems reported, in the forums recently. Probably a lot of folks suffering don't know that they are not alone. I know there are others, that I haven't had the time to list here. And there are doubtless others, folks who don't know about the forums.
We need more analysis, and Blogger Support is not helping us. If you know anything about this problem, and have not reported what you know, you are part of the problem.
Of the 3 categories above, which one does each of the following fall under?
- Someone has hijacked my blog OPEN 8/10
- Abrupto OPEN 7/25 With an interesting theory by the OP INITIALLY CLOSED 7/25 An apparent database error. Discussion now moved to private discussion Abrupto Attack.
- URL Hacked OPEN 7/25
- My Blog Has Been Stolen :( OPEN 7/21
- Megan Ross has the Title of my blog OPEN 7/11
- Hacked OPEN 7/10 CLOSED 7/11
- My blog is gone! OPEN 7/5 CLOSED 7/6
- Blog Restore OPEN 7/3
- my blog is missing OPEN 6/28 (not the OP in the thread) (see the story by the poster)
- My Account was hacked OPEN 6/24 AND STILL OPEN 6/27
- Another Blog Hijacked OPEN 6/21 CLOSED 6/24
- My blog is completely gone OPEN 6/21 CLOSED 6/23 Details in her blog
- Someone hijacked my blog OPEN 6/17
- Red Alert! Porn Hack OPEN 6/16
- Broken Background...help! OPEN 6/12
- Front page of archived blog hijacked? OPEN 6/3 CLOSED 6/6
- BLOGGER.COM don't care about users! OPEN 5/30 - An interesting theory provided by nyder
- My blog was stolen OPEN 5/29
- Redirect Trouble
- I, too, am "Temporarily Out of Service"
- "Temporarily Out of Service"
Keep the Blogger Help procedures handy, for that is where you will have to start.
NOTE: A recent trick that the sploggers seem to be using is hiding the Navbar. This keeps us from using the Flag button, to prevent the splog from being truly productive. Well, you can defeat that trick!