You get better coverage by the spider, than by simply submitting your blog to the Google search engine. You'll also get detailed statistics about how Google sends traffic your way, and how the Google spider sees your blog.
Sitemap creation is generally the first thing done after adding a blog to Google Webmaster Tools.
Unless other wise noted, everything below will be conducted from Google Webmaster Tools.
- If you don't have a Google account yet, you'll need one. GMail is free, and Google Groups is a vital resource for problem research. Anytime there is a problem with your blog, you should be posting into Blogger Help Forum.
- First, and most importantly, verify site ownership by adding a meta record to the template.
- From the GWT dashboard, select the menu option Crawl, then Sitemaps. Then hit the button "Add/Test Sitemap".
- Verify the URL of the sitemap for the blog, as automatically generated by Blogger.
- Return to GWT and Sitemaps. In the box for "Add/Test Sitemap", type the needed portion of the URL, and hit "Submit Sitemap".
- This will update the GWT Sitemaps list, with the advice
You have added the URL of your sitemap.In the list My Sitemaps you should now see the added sitemap URL.