I can't create another blog! It worked fine, earlier today - but now, it tells me that I'm not allowed!!Some would be blog owners are apparently running into a new Blogger limit - daily blog creation.
Apparently, Blogger is now limiting creation of new blogs. Similar to the legendary daily posting limit in our blogs, the daily new blog limit appears to be fuzzy - possibly, intentionally so, to adjust for ongoing spam activity.
To interfere with abusive mass blog creation activity, Blogger appears to have recently added a daily new blog creation limit, to the "Create a new blog" wizard.
It appears that the limit is fuzzy - possibly adjusting, as necessary, to the current volume of abusive activity.
- We don't know what the precise limit is.
- We are not sure exactly when the "24 hour" period actually starts and ends.
- We have seen reports suggesting both a "per account", and "per computer", limit.
In one case, the limit appeared to affect a school class, where each class member was required to setup a new blog as a classroom assignment. The students trying to use the school network (which shared a single public IP address) to connect to Blogger, and setup their blogs during class time, were seeing the limit advice.
All that we can advise, right now, if you see advice mentioning a limit, when using the "Create a blog" / "Create a new blog" wizard, is to try a differential technique.
- Try again, tomorrow (and be flexible, in definition of "tomorrow").
- Try using a different Blogger account.
- Try using a different computer, on a different network.