Various blog owners have recently complained, anew, that the previously reported low level problem is now affecting their blogs. The two problems, though having a common primary symptom, appear to have different victim populations.
- The previous problem seemed to primarily affect custom domain published blogs, this problem may be BlogSpot only.
- This problem, according to a majority of the blog owners reporting, appears to have started during the last two to three weeks.
Whenever Blogger code is changed, we see reports of problems from some filter, that's part of some security product, located on various computers.
Sometimes, the security products, updated automatically, detect problems with Blogger code - without any changes having been made by Blogger. There are dozens of different security products - each provided by a different company, and each updating their filters separately from the others.
It's not a given, unfortunately, that Blogger will be able to make any one change, to make this symptom go away - immediately, permanently, or universally. The last "Don't track" problem appears to have been replaced by this problem.
It would be wise to at least acknowledge several previous posts, discussing this issue.
- Make The Stats "Don't track ..." Option Work.
- Stats "Don't track ..." Option Does Not Work, Reliably.
- Stats And The "Don't track your own pageviews" Option.
We have a new Problem Rollup topic, in Blogger Help Forum: Get Help with an Issue, where we are requesting details from everybody who is experiencing this problem.
(Update 8/2): Blogger Engineering suggests that this problem has been fixed - and several blog owners state the same. That does not mean that we will completely never again see
I can't get Stats to ignore my pageviews!There will always be folks whose computers filter cookies, inappropriately.