Each time I publish a new post, there is one comment immediately published against the post, which is just a repeat of the post!This blog owner is using both automatic post shares, and Google+ comments.
Recently, Blogger took us closer towards automatically connecting our new blog posts and our Google+ streams.
All blogs, currently connected to a Google+ profile, were recently tweaked, to automatically share each new post to Google+ - unless the option is de selected.
This has caused confusion from some blog owners, who are currently using Google+ Comments, on their blogs. Look at the dashboard Google+ settings.
- Auto-share new published posts to your Google+ profile
- Use Google+ Comments on this blog
It's simple, and obvious.
- With the first option selected, a new blog post generates a new Google+ post.
- With the second option selected, the new Google+ post, which mentions the new blog post, is then published as a comment to the new blog post.
- Some blog owners will see duplicate posts, in their Google+ stream. One post from Step #1, another from Step #2.
(Update 3/20): Blogger Support has informed us that it is working as intended.
There are only 3 options, here - none terribly satisfying.
- Disable Google+ comments. De select "Use Google+ Comments on this blog", in the Settings - "Posts, comments and sharing" dashboard page.
- Disable Google+ post auto share. De select "Auto-share new published posts to your Google+ profile", in the Settings - "Posts, comments and sharing" dashboard page.
- Learn to live with it.
Most owners choose #3. Should you go for #1 or #2, use the appropriate option, in the dashboard Google+ page.