How do I add labels to my posts, using the Posts (previously the "Edit Posts") menu?The answer is right there in front of our eyes - but we need sharp eyes.
With the Classic GUI "Edit Posts" menu, we had a pulldown menu labeled "Label Actions". Opening the menu, we would see three sections.
- "Apply Label" - with an inventory of all current labels.
- At the bottom of the "Apply Label" list, subtly placed "New Label...".
- "Remove Label" - with an inventory of all labels in all currently selected posts.
The New GUI Posts menu has none of these. Now, we have a stylised "label" logo, with a pulldown arrow. Opening the menu, we see two sections.
- "New label...".
- An inventory of all current labels.
It's not complicated, to use the new menu.
- Select one or more posts, in the posts list.
- To add a label to the posts selected, open the label menu, and click on a label.
- To remove a label from the posts selected, open the label menu, and click on a label.
- Basically, the labels menu is a toggle.
- If you click on a label that's not part of the selected posts already (or, add a "New label"), the label gets added to the posts selected.
- If you click on a label that's part of the selected posts already, the label gets removed from the posts selected.