Since I loaded Internet Explorer 9 on my computer, my Stats sits loading ... forever.and
I can't publish any more. It just sits there spinning!
In retrospect, and were I not professional in my advice, I would simply say
I told you so!
Every new browser version produced by Microsoft has offered its own challenges - and it appears that Version 9 - and both Post Editor and Blogger Stats - is not going to perform differently.
If you have recently observed that Post Editor, Stats, or Template Designer fails to load properly, on your computer - and you are using Internet Explorer - check your update log, or your browser version. If you really want to help us to help you, first check your Internet Options Security Settings, next check all security features in the computer and on the network, then report your findings and questions in Blogger Help Forum: Something Is Broken.
Some blog owners have reported that using the IE "Compatibility View Settings" option, for "blogger.com", may enable you to avoid the observed problems.
There are multiple features of the Internet Explorer V9 updates, that may affect you.
- The base browser code has been rewritten.
- Support for high level add-on languages ("scripts") has changed.
- Different and new security settings, which control browser based filtering, have changed.
In some cases, where the post editor is where your problem appears, you may find Internet Explorer Version 9 to work better, if you are able to use the New Post Editor.
Barring that one workaround, you'll have to wait. Each new browser version brings more work for Blogger Support - and Blogger Support employees can't do everything, immediately. While you wait, you have a few choices.
- Use a different version of post editor. If you can deal with the other differences, try either the "Updated editor" in Production Blogger (Settings - Basic - Global Settings), or the editor in New GUI (2011) Blogger.
- From the Internet Explorer menu, select "Tools" - "Compatibility View Settings", and type "blogger.com" into "Add this website".
- In Internet Explorer, click on the "broken page" icon, at the end of the address bar.
- Re install Internet Explorer Version 8.
- Use Chrome or Firefox for your Blogger activity.
Internet Explorer V7 has none of these specific issues. However, IE V7 is out of date, and is not supported by Blogger or by Microsoft - so, if you are still using IE V7, you need to upgrade your browser, today - not tomorrow.