If my blog gets deleted (by me or by a Blogger anti-splog bot), or if I move my blog to an external host, how quickly should I setup a stub blog, to replace what I just deleted or moved? How many hours, days, weeks am I safe?
I, typically, would assume the worst possible case, and suggest
Do you think this to be fiction, or perhaps paranoid delusions? Then please read Spammers stole my old URL during transfer to FTP hosting!.
Under the right conditions, protecting yourself with a stub blog should take maybe 30 seconds.
- Go to the Dashboard, and select Create A Blog.
- Name your blog. What did you just delete? DOHH.
- Select a template - just pick the first one.
- Create a stub post.
- If you take as much as a minute, and the problem is the computer or network I can probably help you to get the time down to 30 seconds.
- If you take much more than a minute, though, it's likely that you have a problem. In that case, I'll advise you to get yourself checked up by a real doctor. I can't help you completely.